Tuesday, November 1, 2011

What life is made of...

When I got to school to pick the kids up, Michael was singing "Skidamarinky Dinky Dink" at the top of his lungs. The teachers were very impressed he even knew the words to the verse!
Michael insisted on helping me carry in 2 lunch boxes and 2 bowls because my hands were very full. I, of course, was smitten and promised him a treat for willingly being a good helper!
Michael played outside while I cooked dinner. I can't believe he is big enough to play outside by himself! He found lots of big sticks of course. (Don't worry, the yard is fenced in)
We haven't bought groceries in 6 or 7 weeks so it is slim pickings for dinner... but BOTH kids ate orange/ginger Tilapia!?!
Michael is loving his Halloween candy. Treats everyday! Christopher also had his 1st sucker last week. Then, he ate an entire tootsie roll sucker at a fall festival Sunday (we were holding him and needed him to behave). He is so cute sucking on a little sucker. Tonight, he smiled and giggled every time I looked at him sucking it! Of course, sucker = big mess = bath immediately after dinner!!!!
Christopher now knows where I store my slips. He'll go in my room, get a slip out, hold it to his cheek, and suck his thumb. I don't encourage this, but I do find it quite adorable. Especially when I turn around, he has slip, and he smiles a very big and cute smile. :) I think the only way to break this habit will be to move my slips to a different drawer.
The boys are so cute in the bathtub. Christopher, however, had an 'underwater' moment tonight. No tears, but Mommy was NOT happy! I used it as a teachable moment for Michael. I also got in some reading time while they played.
2 clean boys makes for a great cuddle time!
The boys and I cuddled up together to sing prayers before bed. Christopher clutched his lovey and sucked his thumb while Michael put his arm around me and sang with me. At the end, BOTH kids sang "amen". Melts my HEART every time! Christopher knows just when to say 'amen'. :)
Michael is singing "Skidamarinky Dinky Dink" as I write this. Playing with alphabet magnets and a hot wheels car. Talking to himself. Being adorable.
These are the moments I love. This is what life is made of!
Stacy { <>< }

No comments: