Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Life at its fullest

Christopher's 2nd Birthday

Christopher is 2 years old!  I can't believe it! 
I still remember him fighting for his life on a ventilator at 8 months old. 
Each milestone and each birthday is a huge blessing!

Christopher is such a sweet boy.
He is super chatty - talks nonstop it seems sometimes!
He is a good little brother and plays with Michael all the time.
He loves to sing - especially our prayer songs and the "Amen" song.
He attached himself to a silky lovey several months ago....
and now he totes around THREE loveys 'just in case'.
Luckily, he shares said loveys with us too - he likes to share.
He eats almost anything...and lots of it!
He LOVE, LOVE, LOVES the pool - a recent discovery.
He is willing to jump in completely underwater, pops up, and asks for more!
He gives lots of hugs and kisses.
He likes books, hot wheels, Thomas, and Cars ("McQueen").
He smiles seemingly NONSTOP - the cutest little toothy smile!
He laughs a lot and has a little sense of humor already.
He answers every question "no".

He currently loves to sing and play:
2 little monkeys sittin' in a tree
teasin' mister alligator, "can't catch me".
Along came Mr. Alligator quiet as can be
and SNAPPED that monkey right outta that tree.

I put emphasis on SNAPPED because
that is the part where he violently
'snaps' your arm while saying "snap outta tree"
and laughing histerically.

He is an all-around fantastic little boy with a budding personality that melts my heart!
I am so blessed by him.

Happy Birthday little Christopher!



7 years Married

I can't believe it has been 7 years since Casey and I first said "I do"!!!!
June is typically a crazy month due to 2 little boys' birthdays
and our anniversary within 1.5 weeks,
but this June has proven to be particularly crazy.
Luckily, Casey and I had some alone time and decided
to go ahead and celebrate our anniversary early.
Totally worth it! 




There is one thing I can tell you for sure -
we have already lived through every line of our vows.
For better, for worse.
For richer, for poorer.
In sickness and in health.
To love and to cherish.

We have experienced the good times and the bad times
and we are stronger because of them.
The last 6 months have been a struggle,
but the light at the end of the tunnel is shining brighter each day.

God has a lot in store for us! 



3 weeks are killing me!

As if living in 2 different cities isn't bad enough,
I have been living without my two little boys for 3 weeks! 
Yeah, yeah, you're thinking, "enjoy it, have some 'me' time, sleep in, read a book."
I know!  But I still miss them!  I need their sweet little hugs!

Next week the little ones will be back in Columbia with me
and we will try to develop a 'new normal' without me working full time
until the house sells and we can really get our family back together.

I miss you ALL, boys!

<>< Stacy's Ramblings :)

No comments: