Quickly, I went through the aisles and loaded the cart - so full that Michael had to get out and you could barely find Christopher in the front! The cashier looked at me like I was CRAZY too. Quickly, I started explaining, "well, Christmas and Birthdays for 2 boys, plus gifts for other kids, plus toy donations for the hospital." It seemed like a good explanation for an overflowing cart of 75% off clearance. But that got me thinking ~ maybe EVERYONE thinks we're crazy! After all, we're about to load tons of toys into our attic.
So maybe we ARE a little crazy? Of course, we won't feel that way when:
1. We find out about a birthday party last minute during a busy week - have no fear, we have something in the attic!
2. We deliver toys to the Palmetto Children's Hospital that are valued at way more than we paid yet priceless to an ailing child.
3. Christmas rolls around and we don't have to think about the kids or spend a dime on them!
4. Birthdays roll around and we already have awesome gifts at affordable prices.
5. We donate the toys to less fortunate families through angel tree programs (or others) at Christmas.
6. In a time of crisis, we sell it for more than we paid so we can feed our family (haha - just kidding)
Those seem to me like good enough reasons to look like a mad crazy woman in the toy clearance aisles. :)
Some 2 Buzz Lightyear Trikes - $2 each (originally $60 each)
Handy Manny table - $10 (originally $100)
Nerf swords - $5 each (originally $13)
Step 2 water table - $12.50 (originally $50)/ umbrella $2.50 (originally $10)
My first Kenmore sink - $10 (originally $100)
My first Kenmore fridge - $20 (originally $80)
2 Buzz Lightyear SPaceship/wings/ball shooters - $2 each (originally $40 each)
2 Imaginext dragons - $2 each (originally $28 each)
Play doh pizza kitchen - $1 (originally $17)
2 Thomas trains for 18mo - $3.50 each (originally $10 each)
2 Mega Blocks pirate ships - $6.50 each (originally $30)
Weebles treehouse - $11 (originally $30)
Cranium game - $3.25 (originally $25)
2 Screature dinosaurs - $2 each (originally $40 each)
Fisher Price dino hand - $2 each (originally $20 each)
Torando Tee - $2 (originally $30)
A few more awesome deals at 75% off include THOMAS TRAIN items (which are like GOLD in a clearance aisle - rare!) and more. I am officially done toy clearance shopping! Good luck to all the other "crazy" people out there!