Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Experimenting in the kitchen

For those of you who know Casey, you know very well why I have never cooked a decent meal in our first 6.5 years of marriage (well, I take that back - I made a mean fried rice once or twice).  Casey is an awesome 'take whatever you have and throw it together' cook.  Owns tons of cookbooks.  Knows a little about everything.  Loves spices.  Learned it all from Grandma.  Can't give the kitchen up to anyone in our house.  Finds cooking "stress relieving" (most of the time).

But Casey hasn't been around much lately - so I've been piecing together 'meals' for 6+ months.  Bless my children for eating whatever I came up with during the school year...(I may or may not have resorted to a lot of heat-it-up eat-it-up stuff). 

But I am excited to finally have some time to get busy in the kitchen. 
My style is mega different from Casey's,
but I think I'll enjoy cooking none-the-less.
 

Today I got directions from my mom for making one of my all time favorites - stewed/creamed (?) tomatoes and corn! Our neighbors gave me 4 tomatoes from their garden and this was the perfect use for them.  I thought it turned out pretty good for a 1st try ----- it tasted yummy!

Still cooking...

Yum, yum!

The neighbors also gave me a HUGE bag of cherry tomatoes, so I attempted a good taboule salad with tomatoes and cucumber for tomorrow.



Looks like you may find me in the kitchen after all!  Watch out Casey!


<>< Stacy

1 comment:

Amanda McCusker said...

That looks delicious! Kitchen watch out, Stacy is on the move!