Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wiley Wednesday

A few random - food related - posts today!  As a reminder for anyone who doesn't know my husband awesomely well, I have not had to cook for our family before or during the first 6.5 years of our marriage - Casey loves to cook and has even said he finds it "stress relieving" (haha, right?).  So anyway, I get excited over very simple things that might even make you giggle.  Like dinner being successful and yummy.  That's a big deal for me...  And yes, I use a recipe for EVERYTHING right now because I have a LOT to learn.  At least my silly blog posts can keep Casey updated on my cooking successes

On a random note, in typical pregnant person fashion I decided pickles sounded yummy at lunch.  Christopher begged for a bite so I gave him a little piece thinking I would at least get some funny faces out of it.  WRONG.  He made a "Hmmmmmm...do I like this?" face then BEGGED for more.  I repeat: my son begged me for pickles today.  Now, let's admit - they were sweet gerkins.  But still.  Michael wouldn't touch one if it was the last thing available to eat on the table.... or in the house!

Between Christopher and I, the sweet gerkins are gone.  I am SO pregnant.

Back to dinner.  For some odd reason Tuna Noodle Casserole sounded yummy tonight!  So I 'pinned' a recipe and tried it out (made a few changes once I realized we didn't have peas!).  Topped it with cheese and french fried onions (on MY half).  Did I mention it had a 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese in it?  yum!

I loved it.  Christopher loved it.  Michael - found it questionable - so Christopher ate the rest of his.  That little dude had casserole up his sleeves he loved it so much!




After he tasted it, Christopher was vigilantly stuffing his face!

 Michael was optimistic...but not thrilled.

In a budget-conscious effort to avoid being wasteful, I have been careful to balance cooking new meals with eating leftovers.  We eat leftovers so much it seems like I'm cheating...but I really don't want them to go to waste.  I'm already looking forward to leftover Tuna Noodle Casserole!

Whenever I have something open in the fridge that needs to get used up, I look for a recipe!  Last week, I turned leftover ricotta cheese into ricotta and sausage stuffed mushrooms.  This week:  Cool Whip became Butterscotch Pudding Mousse.  The kids definitely approved!




Taste testing!

2 thumbs up!

and 2 VERY approving little boys!


Sometimes dinner just needs an impromptu funny face photo session...Michael loved it!






<>< Stacy

No comments: