Monday, August 13, 2012

Okay God, I'm listening!

Have you ever felt God went out of his way to get your attention? 

I have.

First of all, Sunday's church service included 2 special songs:
1)  Because He Lives (see my blog post Because He Lives! from last April to find out why this is a special hymn to me. Of course, we never actually sing the verse that I love because it is verse 2 and somehow verse 2's get skipped a lot in Baptist churches).

and

2)  Blessings by Laura Story (This song came out while Christopher was in the PICU - it helped me find strength and encouragement through our trials.  Her inspiration for this song is inspiring - she was by her husband's side as he fought a brain tumor.)

My Blessing

The choir also sang a touching song - Be Still -  it was equally thought provoking. 
I'm not sure how these particular songs ended up in the same service, but they did. 
Just for me.

Fast forward to me painting today.  What song was stuck on my head?  Blessings. 

Fast forward to me laying pinestraw.  What song was stuck in my head?  Blessings.

It was literally stuck in my head for hours. 
I thanked God over and over for my blessings -
even though things seem hard right now. 

Fast forward again - to painting round 2 - I decide to turn on Pandora. 
What song comes on FIRST? 
Blessings.

Okay God, I'm listening.  I hear you.

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
And what if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You're near
What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can't satisfy
And what if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are Your mercies in disguise






God has been trying to get my attention...and He did!
I am so blessed.  Blessed, blessed, blessed, blessed.
Take a moment to look past your trials - big or small -  or your selfish desires - to realize that God has filled your life with Blessings.  Then thank Him.

God, I'm listening!
 
<>< Stacy

No comments: