Monday, September 8, 2014

Schoolroom Painted!

I knew the minute I woke up today
that this was going to be a good day!
 
I got 10 hours of uninterrupted sleep, and
my pregnancy dreams weren't nearly as disturbing as usual!
 
I thought I would share some pictures of our
freshly painted schoolroom/den.
 

Michael brings stuff like this in the house!
 
We knew when we moved into this house April 2013
that it needed a lot of painting....
(at least 6 rooms)
 
and now, over a year later, we
finally got started on our FIRST painting project!
 

Cutting in edges and paneling grooves (my job)
 
And let me tell you, painting with
3 little kids in the house is no easy task!
 
But with the help of good ole TV babysitter,
we painted around a mess of furniture and got it done!
 

Messy!  Squeezed between furniture to get it done!
 
 
Now our den/schoolroom is one of the
most colorful places in the house!
 
Still some organizing to take care of...
 
 
The official 'school table'
 
Nothing on the walls yet!
 
We are using tape to teach Lizzy to stay out of our stuff!
 
The picture on the shelf is by Albrecht Durer,
the artist we are currently studying.
 
We moved the cd player to a more central location
so we can play our current composer's music more often
and just listen to more music in general.
 
I love it!
 
 

Michael prefers to work at the little coffee table.
 
So that's it!
The first freshly painted room in our house!
 
I don't have any big plans for decorating, but
we will be hanging a whiteboard and schoolwork displays.
 
Even though this rather large room took 10 hours,
I am definitely inspired to paint some more  :)
(while I can still bend over pregnant)
 
Sadly, I took these dim pictures on a rainy day,
but in case you were wondering...
it is called 'rushing stream'.
 
 
We did discover one perk to a rainy day...
cooler weather and lunch outside!!
 



Michael blessing our food


Cheesy smiles!


Another interesting spider Michael discovered.
We actually have 2 of these by our porch!
 


Ooooooh that cheese face!  Silly!
 
<>< Stacy
 

No comments: