Friday, August 5, 2011

A new year!

Well, today is my last day home with Christopher. Monday begins the new school year! While some people dread this day and others approach it with great excitement, I find myself somewhere in the middle. I enjoy my summers, but they can't last forever! We'll get settled into a new routine soon enough.

Here are a couple of reasons I am excited about this school year:
1) I have a new schedule! For those of you who know me well, you have heard the woes of the terribly crazy schedule I have had at Conder. In order to better serve our students, I will have a new schedule of my own this year! I am nervous and excited all at once. I know that it will benefit the students so I am going to "make it happen"!
2) I already have all of my HET black/green stuff from last year so I can actually spend my supply check on USEFUL strings items this year! WooHoo! Last year we got some training and had to completely redo our classrooms around this time. Thank goodness that can still be used this year!
3) I get to see some of my dearest friends EVERYDAY.
4) The Conder Strings program is getting better every year. I am so excited about our new business connections and am hopeful that every student will have a "real" shoulder rest and music stand as a part of their package this year! Excited and nervous about using a new book this year too!
5) I love what I do. I make a difference in someone's life everyday. God called me to be a teacher and I am happy to fulfill that calling.

I can't wait to see what God has in store for my family this year. I know we will have tons of fun and do lots of great things together!

Stacy {<><}

No comments: